The Liebster Award

by - Monday, July 10, 2017


I think one of the best things about blogging is the support the community gives to one another. This is what I had been missing - I'm glad to see that the support is still there. 

I owe this nomination to DeeJay from bugbeeandme.com, who's running a lovely Mommy Blog after gathering inspiration from her little ones (and of course, Pinterest). Do check out her Liebster Award entry and nominations, and don't forget to check out her other blog recommendations as well!

So, first off:


I had to do a bit of research on this one myself. This blog offers a very in-depth explanation as to what the Liebster Award is, so do check her link if you're curious to find out more. 

Simply put, the Liebster Award, much like the Blogger Recognition Award, was created to highlight and recognize other bloggers - usually the newbies - and welcome them into the blogosphere. The idea is to pay it forward like a chain letter to spread good vibes while helping along with promoting each others' blogs.

In order to participate, you have to:

  • Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you. 
  • Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you. 
  • Provide 11 random facts about yourself. 
  • Nominate 11 fellow blogs. 
  • Give them 11 questions to answer. 
  • Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (if they are not already familiar with the award).


DeeJay had the following questions for me:

  1. How did you decide on your niche?
    - I actually didn't think about my niche when I started blogging. I only meant to blog to improve my writing; over the years it has turned into what it is now. It is, and always will be, my personal blog - all the other extras are just perks.
  2. What is one area you are looking to improve?
    - I have been meaning to improve on taking and editing photos. I have come to love photography and while I'm not knee-deep in technicalities (yet) I'm finding more and more ways to get better at it every day. I own a mirrorless camera (a Panasonic Lumix GX850) which I rarely use these days, but it's what I mainly use whenever I take travel or food photos.
  3. How long have you been blogging?
    -
    Err. I can't really say; I started around 2010 but I would only post once or twice every few months. Then I went on hiatus for about a year and a half before picking it back up in early 2016.
  4. What goal do you hope to achieve with your blog?
    - Years from now, when someone accidentally stumbles upon my URL long after I'm gone, I want them to think "Hey, this girl really lived it." Everyone wants to leave a footprint, and if I were to leave mine then I think this place would be it.
  5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
    - I'd love to explore the Scottish countryside! I also want to visit the Lagavulin Distillery (with Jed tagging along, of course) while I'm at it, lol. Tuscany and Croatia are also on my travel list.
  6. What are 5 items you must have every time you leave the house?
    - Aside from my phone and wallet (which are obvious answers for anyone), I can't leave without my: pens , notebook, sun screen, umbrella, and wet wipes.
  7. Are you a morning person or night owl? Why?
    - I'm a night owl! I have always been nocturnal, no matter what my work shift is.
  8. Do you speak any other languages?
    - Yes! My first language is Filipino. I also know a tiny bit of conversational Japanese, and I'm currently learning Bokmål.
  9. Favorite hobby outside of the house?
    - Ah. It used to be cosplaying, but I have grown out of the hobby (and my costumes). I would now much prefer to stay at home, away from the Yellow Ball of Death, either reading, cooking, or sewing. (I am very much domesticated and house-trained.)
  10. What is your favorite holiday?
    - Halloween, hands down.
  11. If you could have a conversation about life with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
    - I'd like to dedicate a day conversing with 60-year-old-Me. Spoilers do not actually bother me; I'd much rather know what to expect. I want to know if anything has changed between 40 years, if there's anything she wanted to do but didn't or couldn't, and if I could do anything to change that. I want to make sure that when I reach that ripe old age I'll be able to look back and say, "That ride was fucking amazing. Let's do that again."
11 Random Facts About Me:
  1. I love to cook. If I had all the time and resources I needed, this blog would have been exclusively about recipes and cooking.
  2. Back in my younger years I was on my way to pursuing Medicine, with Psychology as my pre-med. The pressure (and eventual depression) got to me so I had to take a break. I would probably be a licensed psychiatrist by now if I didn't stop. And also horribly depressed.
  3. I have a cat named Rufi back in the PH. I got her unexpectedly last April 2016 when she slammed onto our roof after botching her jump from the townhouse next door. She got stuck in our rafters before I got her out and she's been living with us ever since. She's very derpy and I love her very much.
  4. Because I've been having such bizarre dreams, I used to keep a dream diary. I kept it up for almost a year until I became too depressed to write. I set it on fire some years later. I am still having bizarre dreams.
  5. I think out loud.
  6. No matter what it is, you'll always find me taking down notes about it.
  7. I'm quite competitive and am not above fighting dirty to get what I want.
  8. Sales and discounts are my black holes.
  9. I love decluttering. If it has been sitting around not serving any purpose, if it hasn't been used in a month or so, or if I think it will not be useful to me in any way in the future, I will throw it out.
  10. Some of the things I used to do before my (lack of) attention span got in the way: ballet and gymnastics, tae kwon do, piano lessons, figure skating. I can still do a little bit of everything - I still remember my routines, I can very well kick your ass, read scores and play songs, I can still keep my balance on ice and do a few turns - but not as good as I should be.
  11. I discovered that the Universe does have a sense of humor when I, a person who absolutely hates phone calls, found a job in the call center industry. I'm rather good at it - more than I care to admit -  and I find that really funny.

Tell me, I'd love to know: 
  1. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
  2. Any goals for your blog in the long run?
  3. How did you come up with your blog name?
  4. Where do you get inspiration to blog?
  5. Any book recommendations?
  6. Your most favorite place in the world?
  7. What's the best advice for your blog that you've received?
  8. What advice would you give other bloggers in turn?
  9. What do you usually do to de-stress and unwind?
  10. What's one thing you have always wanted to do but have not started yet?
  11. If you could switch to a different niche for your blog, what would it be and why?

  1. Get Lost Abroad
  2. Josh's Laag (Wander) Stories
  3. Roads and Routes
  4. Wanderlustaussies
  5. Orange Wayfarer
  6. Ashim Writes
  7. Life of Share
  8. Joica Tours
  9. The Pink Fins
  10. Fat Girls' Day Out
  11. Luna in Limbo
I can't wait to see your entries! Don't forget to leave a comment with your links down below so I can check them out too. That's it, and until the next award!


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Congratulations on your award! I am happy I found your blog. And I like it! :D

    I suggest you downloading different kinds of application for mobile editing. I use not only VSCO but Lightroom mobile, After Focus, Snapseed, etc. You might want to check them out!

    LOVE from MYXILOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiii Lady_Myx, thanks for reading my entry! I'm happy you like my blog. ♥

      Thank you so much for the app recommendations - these would certainly come in handy when I edit my photos! Especially since it's a little tiring to keep opening Photoshop just to make tiny adjustments, lol. :>

      Delete
  2. cool!
    i didn't expect to be part of this... but really i'm thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanzania Safari offered by best Tanzania Safari Tour Operators, experience a world-class Vacation in Tanzania. Customized African Safaris to fit all budget!

    ReplyDelete