The Sunday Currently | Is This Thing On?

by - Sunday, November 05, 2017



Hey! What have you been up to lately? Me, I haven't done much tbh, owing to the sudden rise of my workload, which, while still manageable, has caught me off-guard and slightly out of balance. There have been races organized here and there, with talks of more to be held in the coming short, cold months. 

And here I am still in disbelief that November has come, with December and 2018 in close tow. Wasn't I just in the Philippines a few weeks ago..? I can't remember now. Anyway --


reading some choice chapters from Poor Wayfaring Stranger to pass the time. I tell you, I love this fic like life itself and I can't get enough of it!

listening to random The Script songs. At the moment I'm playing Man on a Wire.

watching Thor: Ragnarok clips on YouTube. Jed and I went to watch it last weekend in Ghurair and we're still floating from the movie high! This is the first time I've seen anything from Taika Waititi and he has immediately made it to my list of favorite directors. The best way I can describe it is to compare it to Barney's Get Psyched Mix (which is available in Spotify, if you can believe it). You'll be pumped the entire movie, and you will love it.

If you haven't seen it yet then please do yourself a favor: grab a friend and run to the nearest mall or cinema and watch it. Also here's a photo of me and Jed grabbing dinner before we watched the movie:


thinking of how I'm going to get to Dubai Marina for my gym session, lol. I signed up for the Dubai Fitness Challenge recently and one of the only classes I can get to after work is in Dubai Marina, which is about an hour's worth of train ride away. I can take a cab but I'm somehow really keen on seeing how accessible it is if I commute there.

smelling a faint hint of that air freshener my office mate sprayed hours ago.

wishing for... huge changes? 😂

hoping for... said huge changes to happen before the year ends? 

wearing my comfy leggings! I should get myself another pair...

loving the slightly cooler weather, as of late. The mornings are slowly starting to get cooler. Sometimes the mornings make you feel like it had just rained minutes before you woke up - the air is light but damp and pleasant to the skin, and the sky has this light-grey hue. Being the complete opposite of a morning person, I actually wake up these days not immediately hating the world, and I love it!

wanting more free time to walk around and enjoy said cooler weather. I'm quite envious of Jed, who has two off days. I know I'll find another position that'll give me better perks, so I'm just keepin' on keepin' on for now.

needing more hours of sleep! Gah!

feeling pretty sleepy, suddenly. Help!


I'm really excited for my next trip to Abu Dhabi with Jed next week! We've already found a good place to stay and hopefully by the time we get there the place wouldn't be packed. 👌 Here's to hoping we have a great time!











• The Sunday Currently was originally created by Sidda Thornton

You May Also Like

0 comments