Life Lately: Snaps from September

by - Saturday, November 04, 2017



So. Hi. *waves awkwardly*

I'm still in a daze - is it November already? To be honest I still feel like it's Libra season, despite seeing my flatmates light their candles in honor of their departed loved ones at the beginning of November. I try not to think about how it'll be 2018 in a few short weeks' time, but I like to make my days count just the same. Or at least, I try.





Motomachi - Jed and I had actually planned on having a day out in the city last... July. 😂 We kept moving the date because staying in bed and within the comfort of the air conditioner proved to be much, much more persuasive. But finally we had a day for ourselves, so we decided to head for Dubai Festival City and have some ramen at Motomachi. We had initially decided to go to Jumeirah and Kite beach and relax by the shore but we were so anxious about missing our stop again that we went for a safer route instead! 

We both had the Shoyu Ramen (62AED), and Jed treated me with a Matcha Parfait (38AED). ❤ We also got a Tuna Avocado Temaki (28AED) and some Tori Gyoza (35AED) for starters. We were both pretty happy with the serving sizes overall. Everything was quite delicious and filling, but not out of the ordinary. If I were to come back for one thing though, it would definitely be the parfait!

I'm still quite miffed I haven't found a place that serves uni. Do you know a place here in Dubai? Please let me know ASAP! 😂


Dubai Creek - As the afternoon wore on we decided to walk around the Creek side where we spotted  an area where a small crowd were gathering – we've stumbled upon the water taxi and dhow rental booths. Out of curiosity more than anything, we decided to see what the fuss was about. It turns out these booths have offers for an exclusive cruise in the Creek in time for the Eid al-Adha fireworks! They were offering a tour around the Creek in a yacht, plus an up-close and personal view of the fireworks display - how could we say no? 

Below are just a few of the millions of photos and videos I took while we were sailing in the yacht with the other passengers. It was quite a view indeed, and a perfect way to end the night!









He makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world (because I am).


Ikea - To cap the day off we went for dinner at Ikea, quick shot of our grub above. Their meatballs are nothing like you'll ever have!






Some random shots on my phone, I can't remember where I took them but I do think these are taken because I was experimenting with a color app and I wanted to see how well I can edit the things.










Mall of Emirates - Mostly just selfies, lol! I met up with my dear friend Aika, who arrived in Dubai in early September. Finally, someone from my own circle! While it's been great living in a city where you don't know absolutely anyone, seeing a familiar face is refreshing, almost comforting. We had lunch in Fridays' and walked around the mall before Aika had to go to attend church with her relatives. I think we had some chai afterwards, but I'm not so sure. 



September's been a blur, really, but that could also be because I'm writing something I should have posted two months ago. It was quite eventful, after starting it off with a bangin' fireworks display, after all! 

Up next is my October entry where I'll tell you about my first trip in Abu Dhabi, and most likely some updates here and there for November if anything interesting happens I can squeeze that in. To be honest I'm not really sure what can count for interesting content, but I'm hoping my life updates are fine with you just the same. You're welcome to suggest any blog topics I can post, tho! Thanks for reading!




You May Also Like

0 comments