November Update: Hungry Hearts

by - Saturday, November 28, 2015


I think one of the best things about my relationship with Jed is that we both love to cook - and that we can get incredibly creative with our cooking! It's an amazing feeling when you collaborate and end up with a really good dish that you can share after all that hard work. How's that for a couple activity?

Recently I've been watching a lot of cooking videos on YouTube again, and I decided to revisit some old favorite recipes of mine from Cooking with Dog. I've been following their channel since 2008 and I'm proud to say I've tried out quite a few of their recipes already - with astounding results! Japanese cuisine will always have a special place in my heart.

So - back to cooking: since Halloween had just ended I thought it would be apt to make something out of pumpkins because, y'know, why not. And also we had A LOT of pumpkins at home for some reason, waiting to be cooked. 

I've made some pottage before using Cooking with Dog's recipe and it turned out great! Making some the 2nd time around - and with Jed - would ergo be twice as awesome.

And I was right! Check it out: 

So pretty and yellow and yum!
Photo from my Instagram | @_subliminalwish
We've decided to add some bacon because anything's a good excuse to have some bacon, lol. Do check out the original recipe if you'd like to try it out for yourself.

Later into the month we also tried out Hokkaido Ramen Santouka, just because we couldn't get enough Japanese food in our system. :))




Good food, good fun, with the best company one could wish for. If I could ask for more, I'd ask only for seconds! 

You May Also Like

0 comments